The new database is still under construction, but some search criteria are already available. Full help files will be available when the database is completed.
- Search by Name:
- This will search the database by name. The database contains a list of synonyms for apple varieties (taken from the National Apple Register of the UK, Smith 1971).
- Where an accession of a variety is held this will be indicated by a tick and data will be available under the accession name.
- Use the 'Expand Search' function to reduce the strictness of the search criteria.
- Search by Number:
- This will allow accessions to be found using their accession number.
- List All (A-Z):
- This function will list all accessions of a specified crop by the first letter of their accession name.
- In all cases where data is held on an accession this will be available by clicking the 'info' tab.